Sunday, March 31, 2013

Missing You

I see your smile
I hear your belly laugh
I remember things you'd say

I hear you greet people
"It's my friends!"
You'd brighten everyone's day

You could find joy
In simple things
Crashing cars off the table to play

A crinkle in your nose
A twinkle in your eyes
As you'd look for the "treasure of the day"

Chemo and disease
Couldn't crush your spirit
You always found your way

I miss you now
But know always
Your love is here to stay

2 comments:

  1. Kristin,

    How I relate to your writings! We were crashing cars off of the table just the other day and today we spent the day at the hospital, just for follow-up though. I can't tell you how much I love your blog! Tears drip from my face each time I read your words. Inspiration comes and I am reminded how to cherish my little three-year-old histio warrior! You have much wisdom and I am thankful that you share it. I hope you have a good day today!

    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angela - Wow...thank you so much for the kind words. They make me want to write even more often!

    ReplyDelete