Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Greeting Committee

It sits in the front yard at my parents house.  At first you might not recognize what it is... brown, rod iron, with a basket weave center.  It holds a precious memory for me and always will.

It's my favorite spot at "Grandma and Grandpa Jo's"...that little bench.  Jenson loved playing at their house, but he also loved when I would come back to get him.  He'd say to them "I need go outside and say hi," as his blue eyes would light up.  He would excitedly head towards the front door with a clear mission.

He'd get himself into position.  "Need sit here!" he'd say with a look of anticipation on his face.  My parents would lift him up onto the bench, and then he would sit and patiently wait.

As I would pull around the corner to their house, I would see him from a distance sitting on the bench in their front yard.  His little dangling feet would excitedly start moving back and forth as he'd see my car coming.  And then, he'd break out into a giant smile as he waved his signature "up and down" wave and would call out "Mommy!  It's mommy!".

Even a broken arm couldn't hold him back from his spot on the little bench as head of the greeting committee.  He has always been President of my greeting committee.  I can't think of a better way to be welcomed home!

No comments:

Post a Comment