Monday, August 6, 2012

Safe Haven

There are days when I am so mad at God it is impossible for Him to comfort me.  On those days, He sends safe people to help heal and protect my shattered heart. 

This past weekend I went on a girl's trip with great friends to Santa Fe.  We played cards, shared funny stories, cried, laughed, ate yummy food, shopped in "the square", got drenched in an evening downpour, slept in, and allowed each other to be without judgment. 

I need friends who will walk with me through this pain expecting nothing in return.  Friends who let me cry uncontrollably and wisk me back to safety when something from the outside world makes me feel unsafe.  Friends who will protect me from some unknowing stranger who doesn't see the pain in my eyes and fires off an insensitive comment.  Friends who don't judge.  Friends who will do anything they can to help my shattered heart heal.

I have great friends.
Kristin

1 comment: