Grieving is the hardest work I have ever done. It is against every instinct in my body.
Grief is like a grizzly bear sneaking up on you when you least expect it. Your instinct is to run, but to survive you are supposed to face the growling beast and not back down. If you run, it will outrun you and eventually devour you.
But how do you face the unbearable? I want to run away from this pain with every ounce of my being. But the best thing I can do is face it and slowly work through the pain. It is the only way I will be able to honor my promise to Jenson of "living joyfully" again.
Time to Remember
12 years ago
Dear Kristin, there are no words that one could utter to help you in this time. So all I can do is to pray for you...and so I shall.
ReplyDelete***
Dear Jesus, I ask for your grace to come upon Kristin, Doug & Sydney. Times are difficult for them, and the grief can be overwhelming.
Holy Spirit, please be their comforter and friend through this difficult period. I ask for your reassurance to fill their hearts when they are confused, grieved, feeling down, etc ... let them know that you are with them and that they are never alone.
May your love fill their hearts. I pray especially for affirmation that Jenson is safe in heaven with you, and that you will heal their hurting hearts in your special way.
There is no cure, but I know for sure that you will help them through this time.
Thank you, Lord, for your faithfulness and love.
Amen.
1 John 5:4
ReplyDeleteFor everyone who has been born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world—our faith.
Still here and still praying for you, sister. Dana Mentink
ReplyDeleteDearest Kristin,
ReplyDeleteI just wanted you to know your precious Jenson and your dear family are thought of each and every day. Every night as Samantha goes through a very involved bedtime ritual with a great deal of medical preparation we set her up in bed with her bipap and pillows and blankets and favorite stuffed animals. The wonderful HUGE Monkey Grin you so lovingly sent to Sammi has been named Jenson in honor of your precious angel. Jenson the moneky sits caringly by her head, propped holding Sammi's bipap tubing and keeping watch over her as she sleeps. It is a most precious ritual and one that your dear ^Jenson^ is thought of and remembered by strangers from afar who send our love and prayers and thanks for introducing us to your precious son. I just wanted you to know your little boy and his wonderful, loving, bright, funny and sparkling personality are thought of fondly with love and prayers each and every day..
HUGS,and prayers for God's Blessings,
LeeAnne, Sammi, Allen and family
www.caringbridge.org/visit/byesiblings