This 4th of July was about making NEW memories and a change of scenery.
Doug's extended family gets together in Nebraska each year on the 4th. It is an annual tradition and huge gathering that his Aunt Mony and Uncle Dan host on their several acres of land. This was the first year we have been able to attend (as we had been avoiding large gatherings - and viruses - like the plague for the last three years).
Sydney had a great time hanging out with her cousins, playing in the basement, learning how to play fuse ball, and lighting fireworks (since they are legal in Nebraska). The smoke bombs, snakes, and sparklers were her favorite. I have great memories from childhood of loving them too.
I met Doug's extended family filled with nice, mid-western people. I am still on name overload. :-)
It was nice to make some new memories even though there will always be something/someone missing from the picture.
Time to Remember
12 years ago
I am so glad you had a good fourth. Still thinking and praying for you and your family.
ReplyDeleteMeredith