Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Feverishly trying to avoid fever

I was headed out on a business trip yesterday to Bentonville. I got to the airport, proceeded to check in only to find out my flight through Chicago was delayed and would mean I'd miss my connection to Bentonville. All the other flights there were sold out, so I had to cancel the trip in total and head home. All the while thinking, "guess I'm just not supposed to go on this trip for some reason".

Well I found out the reason when we picked Sydney up from school. She wasn't eating much at dinner (not like her as she LOVES food) and felt hot. Sure enough, 101.4 temperature which continued through the night and into today. Who knows when it will break.

Viruses are a part of life, but fevers with a virus are especially scary for us. A fever for Jenson means an automatic visit to the hospital and antibiotics because the biggest complication from chemo treatments is secondary infections that can cause death. They take fevers very seriously and so do we now.

So Doug took off with Jenson. Doug's aunt and uncle live in Sonoma and have graciously allowed Doug and Jenson to stay with them anytime Sydney or I get a fever so we can hopefully try to shield Jenson from it and keep him healthy. And I'm acting as nurse to Syd right now (and trying to work when she's napping or while I have her resting reading books or watching a movie).

Definitely ready for this virus to pass and get back to our normal routine.

Doug reminded me not to stress about getting behind on work stuff but just to focus on taking it one day at a time. That everything will get done. He's right, but easier said than done. :-)

Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment