Friday, November 15, 2013

Giving Thanks

With Thanksgiving approaching, I can feel the thief of holiday joy trying to make an early appearance.  It whispers words like, "It's okay.  Go ahead and join the life isn't fair pity party."

I've been to this party before so know how it ends.  Everyone is miserable and nothing is celebrated.

So instead of going to the worst party of the season, I respectfully decline and attend another party instead - a thankfulness party. 

I'm thankful for:
- Three years with the wisest boy I know.
- Video memories of your adorable expressions. 
- A belly laugh like no other.

I am thankful for Jenson.

Love,
Mommy

4 comments:

  1. I am thankful for getting to know you and your family. Through this blog I been reminded to cherish every little moment with my children. That every day and everything is a blessing. Thank you.
    Janet Hoover

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - thanks for sharing Janet! It means a lot to know good can come from so much pain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just wanted to say that you all remain in our minds and hearts. Your brave family showed us what courageous faith looks like when things are at their darkest. We too, are thankful for sharing your journey, if only through a blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Dana - it's through people like you lifting us up in your prayers and with encouraging words that we've been able to make it through. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete