We're now coming up on 1 year into the LCH diagnosis on Jenson and 7 months into his chemo treatment. So you may be wondering, how all of the sudden did this blog come to be? Clearly it's not solely of my own doing as given how overwhelming the last year has felt, let's just say it's not something I would have attempted without help. In fact if I'm being honest, I didn't even know what "blog" meant a year ago (never "tweeted" either). Those of you who know me well can also have a good laugh that my "not so superb computer skills" appear to be "super advanced". Ha!!
So in comes the story of my friend Patti and the "Up Family". Patti and Andy's baby girl Kelsey was born the week Jenson started chemo. She was born with Down's Syndrome and challenges with her heart and liver, but they decided from the start they weren't going to be a down's family but an "Up Family" instead because there are so many great things associated with having a child with Down's Syndrome.
Kelsey went to be in heaven about a week ago. She was an inspiration to many through the incredible faith and love of her parents and her life. Patti kept a blog that gave regular updates on how Kelsey was doing which inspired us all through their positive attitude, honesty, and faith.
When I went to the funeral last week in Dallas, it was amazing to see how many people's lives had been touched by their story and by Kelsey. My friend Patti wanted to create a blog for Jenson to also share his story as she more than anyone understands the challenge of having a sick child and importance of keeping those that care updated. So, "Jenson's Journey" was born and I want to dedicate it to the memory of Kelsey. Thank you Patti. I love you my friend.
Kristin
Time to Remember
12 years ago
Kristin, I am a friend of Lyne's and I just wanted to say you are on my prayer list. Praying for your sweet boy and strength for your family as you walk this road. Dana Mentink
ReplyDeleteKristin, Thanks for sharing this with us. Now Bill, the kids and I can pray more specifically. I'll call once we are healthy (all sick with colds on & off). Love, Karen
ReplyDeleteKristin, thank you so much for creating this blog. (Though I don't know how you find the time or energy to do all that you do!) It's so good to catch up with Jenson's situation. Our paths cross so rarely these days, and when we're with the kids there's never enough time for me to ask how things are really going. You are all in my prayers always.
ReplyDeleteHi Kristin, I just discovered your blog and I wanted to let you know that I started following you and I added this blog here ~ http://shopinyourpjsforlaylagrace.blogspot.com/2010/03/little-ones-to-him-belong.html
ReplyDeleteMy thoughts and prayers are with you.
I extend the offer to you as well, if anyone shops from one of my sites on that blog and mentions Jenson's name, I will donate 100% of my commission to your family.